Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist
Novelis – Guthrie, KY is seeking an experienced EHS Specialist for our automotive finishing plant in Guthrie, KY. The Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist will provide innovative leadership to contribute to the implementation and administration of all matters related to the plant environmental, health, safety, and security processes in the Guthrie Plant.
The incumbent is responsible for administration and coordination of the plant environmental, safety, health, and security processes at the Guthrie Plant, which involves close cooperation with the operations teams to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all employees. The areas of particular emphasis will be ensuring regulatory compliance, issues surrounding employee relations, employee involvement programs, and preparation, maintenance, and administration of EHS-related programs.
The EHS Specialist holds the primary supporting role to the plant for performing the considerable detailed work required to manage the ISO14001 Environmental Management System (EMS). Maintains environmental records, preparation, and submission of environmental reports to corporate, state, and federal agencies, and works with consultants on environmental issues. Remains current on EMS regulatory requirements and maintains the plant’s EMS.
Additionally, the incumbent will be involved in the operations philosophies, culture, and team concepts as it relates to the management of the facility and in particular control plan development and environmental, health, safety, and security programmatic aspects and implementation.
Also, included are oversight of fire protection, rescue services, training and maintain a health working relationship with off site emergency response organizations.
The incumbent must be abreast of constantly changing environmental, health and safety regulations to ensure plant compliance and to achieve acceptable standards. This position will work closely with the EHS Leader and Staff to ensure uniform application of policies and practices.
- BS in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Science, or related field required.
- 2 – 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment with responsibility for EHS.
- Proficient PC skills including Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to be on call or work off hours as needed.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently with attention to detail and organizational abilities.
- Superior analytical/ problem solving, written and verbal communications.
- Experience working with local regulatory agencies preferred.
- Familiar with various emission control devices to ensure compliance.
To learn more about this position or to apply, visit the Novelis Careers page.